I’m a rice person. I eat rice during breakfast, lunch, snack (?) and dinner. But this morning, I felt I’m still full from last night’s dinner. When I mean full I mean really full. So, just to ensure I will last my morning this day, I decided to make an egg sandwich. BUT, yes a big but, egg sandwich sounds to be boring. Looking inside our fridge, I found unopened box of cheese, margarine, spring onion and some dried chili flakes. Then my “A ha!” moment, why not an egg in a basket?
This egg in a basket is perfectly paired with a cup of coffee.
2 pcs Slices of Tasty Bread of your choice
1 pc Egg
Chili Flakes to garnish
Spring Onion to garnish
1. Make a hole on a slice of tasty bread.
3. Spread butter over the holed tasty bread and the other tasty bread.
4. Place the holed tasty bread over the other tasty bread.
5. Cracked the egg over the holed tasty bread.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese (sprinkle as many as you want).
7. Spring some chopped spring onion and chili flakes.
8. Bake at 150 degrees Celcius for 10 minutes and increase the temperature to 170 degrees Celcius for 2 – 3 minutes or until golden brown.
HOW DOES IT TASTE?
This egg in a basket recipe has crispy, buttery, with just right amount of saltiness from the cheese and with the rich flavor of the egg yolk plus the subtle hint of spiciness from the chili flakes. What I like the most in this egg in a basket recipe is, the sudden gush of the warm egg yolk upon biting the center of the bread. My! Its so rich!