It’s Sunday morning and I woke up around 9 o’clock. We usually don’t cook breakfast especially on weekends as we usually wake up on brunch time. My parents’ usual breakfast is hot pandesal or bread dipped in hot coffee or a simple bowl of oatmeal. I felt a little hungry and decided to make cheesy scrambled egg sandwich.
Before, the way I cooked scrambled egg is beat, season and fry. This results in a firm pancake shaped-like scrambled egg. After watching Gordon Ramsay’s Scrambled Egg I learned a few tricks on how to make a fluffy scrambled egg. It takes a while to cook using this technique compared with method I usually used but it’s worth the time and effort.
I did not used cream in this recipe as I don’t have one on hand and even though I have I think adding a tablespoon or two out of the 250mL brick size is a waste. What I added is three tablespoon of grated cheese and top it with nice caramelized onion.
4 slices Tasty Bread
2 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 piece White Onion, sliced like that of an onion ring
3 Tablespoon Butter
2 pieces Eggs
3 Tablespoon Grated Quickmelt Cheese
2 Tablespoon Chopped Chives
1 Tablespoon Butter
1. In a pan, add a tablespoon of butter (I’m using the oven toaster pan as this can handle at least two slices of tasty breads).
2. Place the tasty bread and toast until both sides is golden brown. Do the same with the remaining two slices of bread.
3. Saute onion in olive oil until it caramelized.
4. In a sauce pan, combine the egg and 3 tablespoon of butter. Heat gently with continuous whicking. (Gordon suggest to start at high heat and removing the pan from time to time. You can follow that if you want but my method works just fine.)
5. When the egg starts to get creamy batter in consistency, add the grated cheese, chives and salt. Remove from heat and add the remaining butter and continue whisking. The egg will continue to cook due to the heat from the pan. Serve immediately.
HOW DOES IT TASTE?
Every bite of this cheesy scrambled egg sandwich is so good. The egg is fluffy and exploding with this rich creamy cheesy flavor. The caramelized onion adds bite and little sweetness to the overall flavor of the sandwich. I’m planning to put the all the eggs in one sandwich but decided to decided to divide it into two and share. Maybe next time I will cook more of this as this is really good energizing breakfast.