Yesterday, our neighbor gave us a bunch of yard long beans or sitaw and my mom, whose not around also bought about 2 bundles of sitaw. Now, we have bunches of sitaw to enjoy with. Since sitaw alone would make the dish boring, I went to the grocery to find other vegetable to go with it. I found this zucchini in a stall and grab a medium sized zucchini. It’s my first time to use zucchini in my cooking so I told to myself that I just want to try it.
Zucchini is like cucumber on the outside and like bottle gourd or upo on the inside. When cooked, it does not turned soggy but somewhat like a smooth firm texture. Anyway, this is an easy and healthy recipe you can enjoy with for your lunch or dinner. To make the dish extra flavorful, I added thinly sliced pork by boiling it until the extra fats from the pork come out and sauteing it in olive oil until golden brown. Then saute the garlic and onion. Add the sitaw and zucchini. Add the oyster sauce and salt to pepper to taste and its done.
Just remember not to over cooked the sitaw as we want to maintain its crispiness. Add the zucchini about 3 to 5 minutes after the sitaw as I observed that it cooked faster than I thought. I think you’ll enjoy this more if you are going to pair it with fried fish like tilapia. Anyway, the dish itself is already great with rice.
1/4 kilo Pork, cut into strips
1/2 cup Water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 head Onion, sliced
2 bundles Yard Long Beans or Sitaw, cut into 1-inch long
1 medium sized Zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup Water
3 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a pan, add pork and water. Boil and simmer until until the water dries out and the pork fats were extracted from the pork.
2. Add olive oil and toss. Cook the pork strips until golden brown.
3. Move the pork strips on the other side of the pan and saute the chopped garlic and onion.
4. Tossed in the yard long beans and after 3-5 minutes add the zucchini.
5. Add water, oyster sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the yard long beans are done.