Bulanglang Recipe is probably one of our family's go to recipe when we want some veggies in our meal. Okras, yard long beans or sitaw, squash, eggplants, bitter gourd and malunggay are some vegetables we commonly used for this dish.
- 4 cups Water
- 8 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 bulb Onion, chopped
- 1 piece Thumb - sized Ginger, chopped
- 4 piecea Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Chopped Lechon Kawali
- 250 grams Squash, cut into 1 inch cube
- 8 pieces Okras, cut into 3 parts
- 10 pieces Yard Long Beans or Sitaw, cut into 3 inch long
- 2 cups Malunggay Leaves
- Fish Sauce
- Ground Black Pepper
In a pot, combine, water, garlic, onion, ginger, tomatoes and lechon kawali. Boil and simmer until tomatoes are tender. Mash the tomatoes and simmer for another three minutes.
Add squash and simmer until tender. Mash half or all the squash. Simmer for another three minutes.
Add the okras and yard long beans. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but still crispy.
Lastly, add the malunggay leaves and season with fish sauce and ground black pepper.