Ginataang Canned Mackerel
Ginataang Canned Mackerel is taking your regular canned mackerel into a new level. It's one way of serving delicious meal out of the very affordable canned goods. A simple addition of coconut will surely bring this dish from simple to simply amazing.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 head Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bulb Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Shrimp Paste or Bagoong Alamang
- 2 cans 425 grams Canned Mackerel in Oil
- 20 pieces Dried Bilimbi Fruit or Kamias
- 1 cup Thick Coconut Milk or Kakang Gata
- 1 cup Malunggay Leaves
- Ground Black Pepper
Sauté garlic, onion and shrimp paste in olive oil.
Add the canned mackerels and dried kamias. Boil and simmer until the broth is reduced to half.
Pour in the coconut milk and further reduce the sauce until almost dry.
Add the malunggay leaves and season with salt, pepper and chili.