Bulalo Recipe is a hearty traditional Filipino soup dish made out from beef shanks. It is simmered slowly until beef meat is tender and different vegetables are added to give this dish the nutrients it needs.
- 1 kg Beef Shanks
- 6 cups Water
- 1 head Garlic, chopped
- 2 bulbs Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Black Peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 piece Beef Bouillon Cube
- 4 Tablespoons Patis or Fish Sauce
- 2 cups Water
- 2 pieces Corns, cut into 4 parts each
- 2 pieces Potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 piece Large Chinese Cabbage, cut into 3 parts
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion Chives
- Fish Sauce to taste
Combine beef shank, water, garlic, onion, whole and ground black pepper, beef bouillon cube and patis in a pressure cooker. Boil and cover pressure cooker. Adjust heat to medium low and pressure cook for 1 hour.
Remove the cover of the pressure cooker ensuring that you let out the steam and pressure before doing so for safety purposes. Add the corn and potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Lastly, add the CHinese cabbage and onion chives. Season with fish sauce to taste. Simmer for another 3 minutes.