I found this recipe while scanning some food porn at Foodgawker and thought its really delicious and easy to do. Guess what? All ingredients are readily available and the plus point is, its really easy to do. Just cream the butter and sugar and one by one pour everything. Bake it and dip it in melted butter and rolled over to the cinnamon sugar mixture and you’ll have this sweet lovely snack. Paired it with a cup of unsweetened coffee and you’ll have the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. I got the recipe from Baker Bettie with blog post entitled Baked Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donuts. Click the link to see the original recipe.
I went out with my high school friends last Saturday night, and when I mean night its really night, about 11:30 pm. While waiting outside of their house, I saw this jackfruit tree with lots of ripe jackfruit and remembered that its my turn to get one. He shared it with us since its too many for them. Luckily, I did not only get one but two jackfruits, freshly picked jackfruit from the tree.
I totally love jackfruit eaten fresh with no cooking method to modify it. But with so many jackfruit on hand, a good idea to enjoy it more is to mixed it in the donut recipe I found. This sugar cinnamon rolled jackfruit donut has a delicious crisp shell on the outside but soft and moist on the inside mini donut that is bursting with jackfruit flavor in every bite. I’m amazed that the wonderful flavor of jackfruit goes well with the cinnamon sugar coating of the donut. I paired it with unsweetened coffee and I had a wonderful afternoon snack.
The good thing about this sugar cinnamon rolled jackfruit donut recipe is that it is served as bite-sized donut similar to munchkins. It’s easy to handle and you can consume one in one bite.
1/3 cup Butter, softened
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 piece Egg
1/2 cup Milk
pinch Salt (optional if using salted butter)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 cup Chopped Ripe Jackfruit
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1/4 cup Melted Butter
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add egg and mix until well incorporated, about 2-3 minutes at medium low speed.
4. Add milk, salt and vanilla. Beat for another 2 minutes.
5. Combine flour and baking powder and mix using a wire whisk. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
6. Add the chopped jackfruit and gently fold it into the batter.
7. Transfer in a 2 ounce muffin pan filling only half of the pan. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the donut is already golden brown. take out from the oven and cool in a wire wrack for 15 minutes.
8. Mix the sugar and cinnamon.
9. Dip the donuts in melted butter and roll over the sugar cinnamon mixture.
Enjoy your sugar cinnamon rolled jackfruit donut with hot dark coffee.