Its been a while since I’ve posted a recipe on Saturday. I’ve been busy with other stuff this past few Saturday. Hopefully I could write regularly on weekends (fingers crossed).
This creamy pasta recipe is an easy dish you can whipped up under an hour. It was almost a month or two since I cooked pasta in our home. This creamy pasta recipe is so easy and basically, you can throw everything in the pot after sauteing the garlic in olive oil. You can add any meat you want but since I had so much pork and chicken this week, I decided to simply add canned tuna to the dish.
Unlike my previous post Tuna Pasta in Creamy Marinara Sauce, I added the all purpose cream to the cooked pasta and then I poured over the Marinara Sauce. I also used linguine pasta for this dish. I find using tuna fillet in can (San Marino brand) gives a bite to this dish, you could also use tuna chunks in can for more chunkier texture. Like what I’ve said, I used San Marino Tuna Fillet in Water and aside from adding a bite to the dish, compared with using tuna in vegetable oil, this has a just a little or hint of the fishy taste of tuna, which I find more enjoyable. The chopped parsley adds a nice refreshing taste to the mouth. To counter balance the acidity of the tomatoes, I added a tablespoon or two of sugar.
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
6 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 450g grams Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
4 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley, extra for garnish
1 to 2 Tablespoon White Sugar
2 cans Tuna Fillet in Water
Salt and Pepper to Taste
400 grams Linguine Pasta
125 grams All Purpose Cream
1. Cooked pasta according to package instruction.
2. Heat olive oil and saute the garlic.
3. Add canned tomatoes, Italian Seasoning and chopped parsley. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add sugar, sliced olives and canned tuna and simmer for another 10 minutes or until you achieved your desired consistency of the marinara sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust according to you liking. (Remember to taste before adjusting any of the seasonings. We are not professional chefs so we are not obliged to the taste-adjust-taste protocol of those amazing chefs we watched on the television.)
6. Add all purpose cream to the cooked pasta and tossed.
7. Tossed in the marinara sauce into the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.
Enjoy your creamy pasta in tuna marinara sauce!