Beef Tapa Recipe is a staple dish in our home. Actually, it is one of our staple baon or packed lunch. It’s my mom’s specialty dish. There was a time that she sold silog meal in our home. That was more than 10 years ago and her recipe never change.
However for this post I tried to make my own recipe. My mom’s version is a little bit on a sweeter and savory side. There is nothing wrong with her recipe but I prefer my tapa savory and spicier, which my mom doesn’t like.
This recipe just came as a spur of the moment since I only knew few beef recipes. Also, we don’t have much ingredients in our fridge to go with this so I thought of why not use what’s available. Anyway, I’m too lazy to walk to the grocery.
I thought of combination of flavors. I know beef tapa recipe has soy sauce, right? My mom love to use calamansi juice in her recipe but why not pinakurat? Pinakurat is a spicy vinegar concoction native in the Visayan region of the Philippines. Of course, a tapa dish is not complete without garlic. It has to have lots of garlic. With these few ingredients I start making my own tapa recipe.
While planning to cook the beef tenderloin, my mom advised me to lightly pound the meat. This helps to tenderized the meat, hence, little cooking time.
I decided to use Pinakurat vinegar which is already loaded with flavors and spices. However, if you don’t like it spicy, simply use plain white vinegar.
Beef Tapa is a great breakfast dish. Best paired with fried rice and egg. Sounds familiar? Yup! That’s tapsilog. This is also great accompaniment with beer.
For other beef recipe please check out my Beef Dishes.
|500 grams||Beef Tenderloin, thinly sliced and lightly pounded|
|1 head||Garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup||Pinakurat Vinegar or White Vinegar|
|1/4 cup||Light Soy Sauce|
|1 – 2 cups||Water|
|1 piece||Beef Bouillon Cube|
|3 Tablespoons||Olive Oil|
|2 Tablespoons||Pinakurat Vinegar or White Vinegar|
Combine beef tenderloin, garlic, vinegar and soy sauce in a pot. Marinate for at least a hour.
Add a cup of water and beef bouillon cube. Boil and simmer until the beef is tender. Add more water if needed.
Drain the simmered beef with its sauce.
Heat sauce pan and add olive oil. When oil is smoking hot, add the drained beef and tossed until lightly browned. Lower heat and add pinakurat vinegar. Cover sauce pan for 3 minutes. Tossed the beef and serve.
Beef Tapa Recipe
- 500 grams Beef Tenderloin, thinly sliced and lightly pounded
- 1 head Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Pinakurat Vinegar or White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 1 – 2 cups Water
- 1 piece Beef Bouillon Cube
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pinakurat Vinegar or White Vinegar
- Combine beef tenderloin, garlic, vinegar and soy sauce in a pot. Marinate for at least a hour.
- Add a cup of water and beef bouillon cube. Boil and simmer until the beef is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Drain the simmered beef with its sauce.
- Heat sauce pan and add olive oil. When oil is smoking hot, add the drained beef and tossed until lightly browned. Lower heat and add pinakurat vinegar. Cover sauce pan for 3 minutes. Tossed the beef and serve.