This Meat Balls Teriyaki Recipe just came across my mind last night. I was thinking what to cook for my sister and her husband for their packed lunch. I opened the freezer and saw this bag of frozen meat balls I got from winning in one of our company online get together games. If you’re interested you can check out HalMec Solutions Provider Corporation for your all Halal needs.
It is tasty as is but I want to add life to it. I want to make it extra special and delicious. So I thought of why not simmer it in my homemade teriyaki sauce. I had this teriyaki sauce recipe which I’m really obsessed because it’s so delicious.
Simply placed everything in a pot and simmer it for 30 minutes or so until the sauce is reduced to a cup. I scooped out the meat balls and then thickened it with cornstarch slurry. Then I tossed back the meat balls to coat everything. Finally, I garnished it with toasted sesame seeds.
For this Meat Balls Teriyaki Recipe, I used frozen meat balls but you can also use your own homemade meat balls. I just want to make use of the frozen meat balls we have and make it tastier.
If you want a saucier teriyaki sauce, simply add more water and season it with salt before thickening with cornstarch slurry. You can double the teriyaki sauce and reserve half of it and serve it on the side as dipping sauce. You can also garnish this Meat Balls Teriyaki Recipe with chopped spring onions.
For more beef recipe, you can check out our Beef Dishes.
|12 pieces||Frozen Meat Balls|
|1 teaspoon||Grated Ginger|
|1/2 cup||Light Soy Sauce|
|4 Tablespoons||Rice Wine|
|4 Tablespoons||Brown Sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon||Ground Black Pepper|
|1 piece||Red Chili,choppe (Optional)|
|1 Tablespoon||Toasted Sesame Seeds|
In a pot, combine frozen meat balls, water, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, rice wine, brown sugar, ground black pepper and red chili.
Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to a cup.
Remove the meat balls from the pot and set a side.
Premix cornstarch and water. Add a spoonful at a time and mix to thicken the sauce.
Toss back the meat balls into the sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Meat Balls Teriyaki Recipe
- 12 pieces Frozen Meat Balls
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Grated Garlic
- 1/2 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 piece Red Chili, chopped Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- In a pot, combine frozen meat balls, water, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, rice wine, brown sugar, ground black pepper and red chili.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to a cup.
- Remove the meat balls from the pot and set a side.
- Premix cornstarch and water. Add a spoonful at a time and mix to thicken the sauce.
- Toss back the meat balls into the sauce. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.